- Flurbiprofen ( 0.03% )
- Ketorolac ( 0.5% )
- Diclofenac Sodium ( 0.1% )
- Indomethacin ( 0.1% )
- Bromfenac ( 0.09% )
- Nepafenac ( 0.1% )
Mechanism Of Action :
1. Irreversible blockade of enzyme cyclo oxygenase
Inhibition of only Prostaglandin synthesis, not Leukotrienes.
2. Blocks other local mediators viz kinins
- To control pain & inflammation secondary to cataract surgery / similar iatrogenic inflammatory conditions : Retinal Lasers
- CME : cystoid macular edema
- Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
- To prevent intra-op miosis (specific use of flurbiprofen) : by preventing Prostaglandin release from iris during its manipulation which can lead to stimulation of sphincter papillae & hence intra op miosis.